Easter Holiday Blog #2

Okay! Sooooooooo...

Long story short - I've just come back from a blogging cafe event here in the grey and rainy, yet still adorable, petit old town of Lancaster and met some great fellow writers. I originally had plans but then I decided to shift them and be bold and go and hang out with people I'd never met before. I never seem to remember this but, in 99% of cases, this pays off. Like the time I started as a Manchester Uni fresher and hadn't made any friends in my halls on the first night so I walked to a Fallowfield social on my own and ended up talking for hours with a group of hilarious Norwegian cigarette-enthusiasts, all with excellent taste in jumpers. Rather like the one belonging to ol' Phil here:

let's ignore the whole half-menacing expression and focus on the knitwear
Honestly, I swear some of the strangest and coolest moments come from being in situations where you have to talk to new people.
So, yeah! This is why I've been inspired to blog today. Also, writing is therapeutic 

Ohhmmmmmmmm
and I need some time away from:
  1. Revising theories by super brainy people who use equally-as-super long words
  2. Netflix (already taken action by deleting it, although apparently I can still access it until the end of April - thanks Netflix, surely the main reason people delete you is to actually get stuff done?! Instead of watching the entire series of LOVE in 48 hours (guilty, and yes I do very much recommend it, 10/10, 5 stars, top banana)
  3. Eating cereal (the addiction is real, currently making way through over-sized box of Weetos)
  4. Worrying about career stuff (when is this never mildly terrifying)
Relevant to no.4 above, I took a few leaps today and sent out a surge of emails requesting work experience and this paid off too! Well, so far anyway - I need to send some example work and carve my CV into something spectacularly mindblowing (but within 2 pages, of course) in order to seriously get anywhere. But it's a start.


And if you're reading this and umm-ing and arrrh-ing about jumping into an opportunity, taking a leap or sending that email - (as the almighty Nike, would say) JUST DO IT. The worst that can happen is, well, nothing, and that's technically the same amount of progress you have before you do it. Just there's the possibility that something totally rad will happen as a result of your efforts (and who wouldn't want that).

Have a great week chums and stay awesome,

Rhi(angle) xxxx

Images: via via via via

Comments

  1. Glad to know that you had a good time, it was fab meeting you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment