My Lecture Smacked Me In The Face

I had a real smack-in-the-face moment today.






Over here in at uni in t'North West, I study a module on language in the media and the title of this afternoon's lecture was 'Blogs'.
Towards the end, my lecturer read out the following 'prototypical quality of blogs':


"Many become inactive owing to the pressure of constant maintenance"

Aaaaaaaaaaand consequently for the last ten minutes of the presentation I couldn't think about anything else other than logging back into Blogger and getting back on the horse. THE BLOGGING HORSE.


I imagine it's rather like this
Yes, I have stuff to do and write and read and file and highlight and sign and tie pom-poms to but doesn't everybody?!?!?!? (okay maybe not the last one, you're excused) (but seriously they do improve everything)
I need to blog to make sure all the cool/weird/wonderful things I'm thinking up in my braingarden go somewhere where I can find them again in times of need. I can't be the only one who got/got bought a diary and wrote incessantly in it for three days and then forgot about it and ended up buying a brand new one because it had a nice sheen to it and a pagefinder thingy and occasional inspirational quotes and then lost that one and the cycle continued on until this very day.
One thing I have kept up is my little jar of good things which I've been keeping since mid-December. Every night (or most often, absurdly early morning) I climb into bed and write down something good that happened that day. When the page (very ironically, OF MY DIARY) gets full, I cut up my papery good things and pop them into the jar. I recall seeing this on the interwebs somewhere and I thought it would be a really nice idea. Might need a bigger jar though if I'm going to keep this up for an entire year! What I like about this challenge as opposed to writing a diary is that it barely takes up any time and simultaneously makes me appreciate my life more. Also because it's a GOOD things jar full of tiny squares of paper, I can't dwell on any negativity or write pages and pages of worries and nonsense (I used to do this in my diary and got so caught up on things I felt très poopoo).


So oui oui, mes amis, I have returned and this time I shall remain vigilant in my quest to blog my way to the top of the blogging mountain upon which there is a pool of a silver oat-based smoothie which they say contains a smidgen of the secret fruit of longevity.


I have had a lot of coffee.

p.s. sorry for the clickbait title, it had to be done just this once


Images: via via

Comments

  1. 5/10. What is with that clickbait title?
    I was expecting a lecturer to literally punch you in the FACE, like with a fist... or a bag... or possibly a small mammal... like a monkey.
    ps. Rhiacuteangle, rhiobtuseangle or rhirightangle?
    Signed - SecretNinja96

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry SecretNinja96, it's just what I have to do to get by ;) (it definitely does say 'lecture' not 'lecturer')
      I'd say more on the rhiacuteangle end but, whichever way, I'll forever be ON POINT

      Delete

Post a Comment