Dryathlon Days 26 - 28

YESTERDAY WAS HARD GUYS. Super tricky. I actually found myself at a bar contemplating whether or not to get a drink because the atmosphere was the exact type of atmosphere I thought one needed to be inebriated for. Why? Because it's now the one week in the year where everyone at uni drinks about 3 times as much as they did throughout the whole summer: Fresher's Week.


Luckily, I possessed enough willpower to say no to the fishbowls and yes to several OJ & lemonades. Huzzah! After all, only two days to go now.


Something I noticed is that when you're in a club full of drunk people dancing crazily and you're sober, you can dance as crazy as you like and no-one will bat an eyelid because, for the most part, everyone seems to assume that everyone else is on the same level as them. This means that you can break out all of these moves repeatedly to your heart's content:


Even this one I found in the depths of the Internet:


In fact, the more moves you have the better.
I'm writing this on Tuesday evening (tonight is 'The Big Night Out' and it's still September! Argh!). This will be the last night I cannot drink at all (I plan to possibly go out on Wednesday and drink post-midnight). So yes, the last night, yet I believe it will be the toughest of all. I'm determined to get through this. Any last few days/minutes donations would be incredibly fabulous of you: https://www.justgiving.com/soberRaz-2015/

Another thing happening in my life is that I've decided, in order to get more veggies into my diet, to be vegan 3 days a week. Monday - Wednesday. As today is Tuesday, I'm on my second vegan day and it's actually quite fun making meals. F-U-N I tell ya. I've been having almond milk on my Weetabix with banana for breakfast, fruit and nuts and vegan chocolate for snacks, little chocolate soya drink cartons, Doritos Chilli Heatwave (totally vegan!), and Party Rings (also totally vegan!). Last night for tea, I made vegan 'meat'balls & spaghetti following Wholefoods' recipe (which I found a link to on KimmiKillZombie's blog). The 'meat'balls were interesting - quite crunchy, but they were super healthy (made from ingredients including pulsed sunflower seeds, black beans, baby spinach, onion, and garlic) and made me feel good, which is the main thing:

 #ovenlife
all baked and ready to be spaghetti-d
I had these with Sainsbury's spaghetti (the cheapest own brand version) and tomato & basil pasta sauce:
MMM. YEAH. FOOD.
 I did however have to use my blender, which resulted in a lot of washing-up:

ehhhh
Today, after super-rad vegan cereal times at the hour of 2pm (I was tired ok), I made a sandwich filling. A vegan one at that - mashed chickpea salad....


.... and I wacked it in-between two slices of bread smothered with Vitalite (vegan butter, available at all supermarkets hidden in the butter section). Tonight, I was planning to make vegan spag bol, but seeing as it's now 7pm and I want to get ready to par-tay, I may just craft a meal that doesn't require peeling potatoes. Honestly, it takes me hours.

Rhi x

Images via via via via via via

Comments