Dryathlon Days 23 - 25

6 days to go now! I plan to buy myself a super delicious bottle of something to celebrate.


The past few days haven't been free of temptation with regards to drinking. Going out last night turned out extremely well - free shots! I did manage to resist mine. This might have all been to do with the fact that for the majority of the night my pal had a helium-filled balloon tied round her hair so it hovered there like some kind of futuristic Teletubbie headpiece. So fabulous, they couldn't refuse.

What I've realised after going out yesterday eve is that when I'm out drinking I have random thoughts like I do in my everyday sober life. A good example: 

Sitting on the train back home I heard two guys talking about Jimi Hendrix and the song 'Voodoo Child', one telling the other that they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO listen to it. Despite being quite enamoured with my colouring-book-for-adults and my overpriced Cadbury's Rocky Mallow Road bar with really oddly-shaped pieces, I couldn't help listening to their entire conversation and as a result I had to have a listen myself since I couldn't remember what that track sounded like. Turns out it was like chocolate custard for my ears, i.e. really cool, makes you think "yeahhhhhhhhhh this is awesome", etc.

The difference between Cocktail Me and Sober Me, though, is that Cocktail Me is more than happy to let these thoughts come out of her gob. No matter what they are. So Cocktail Me in the above situation would have said something like this:

"OH. MY. GOD. I HAVE JUST LISTENED TO THAT SONG YOU MENTIONED OOPS SORRY I WAS LISTENING IN TO YOU TALKING HAHAHA ANYWAY IT'S SOOOOOOOO GOOD ARHHHHHHH THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR WISE MUSICAL WISDOM YEAHHHHHH!" *attempts to high five even if no visible desire for participation from wise guy*

Sober Me, as I of course was on the train, was 100% able to choose not to say any such thing (especially as these dudes were 2 rows back from me) and instead continue colouring in flowers with double-sided felt tips, listening to 'Voodoo Child' in approving silence. I do like being able to control my blurting. Something I cannot do after seven Archers+Lemonades.

Rhi x

Image via

Comments