Dryathlon - Day 1 & 2

Yesterday was the first of September, the first day of the Dryathlon.
GAME ON

I walked into a pub and drank absolutely nothing and didn't feel weird about it at all. In fact, I felt good about not spending any money. Especially as I went out today and got to spend the cash I would have spent on cider on really good food instead, at Lucky Days for lunch and at Goji for cake (both in York).

At Lucky Days (a cafe where if you roll a six with a dice you get each food item for £1!), I had a cute little bowl of their pea & ham soup and some really good bread.

At Goji, after some window-shopping, I had a piece of Vegan Chocolate Orange cake and h'ohhh was it t-a-s-t-y. The whole thing in the window display looked a bit like this but with a softer topping:

ooh la la - this is in fact the normal Vegan Chocolate cake minus the Orange
My window-shopping consisted of me resisting the purchase of a lime top and a red dress so, as one does, I treated myself to some giant chocolate buttons for the bus journey home.

Image via

Comments