The Top 10 Smoothies I Need to Make

With some of the monies I gratefully received from relatives for my birthday earlier this month, I decided to buy three things. The first two were books (Girls Will Be Girls - Emer O'Toole, Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell) for holiday-reading purposes. Brilliant books by the way, O'Toole's especially is really important; I might even do a cheeky review of them at some point. The third item was this:


THIS MAGNIFICENT BEAST (excuse the screen shot). The Breville Blend-Active. Honestly, I haven't tried it out yet having only just washed all the parts (I follow instructions okay, that's what you're meant to do before you blend up any deliciousness) but I can tell that it is going to make my future uni days super exciting when I'm living in the middle of a city with so much fruit everywhere. Not that my uni city is inundated with lemon groves and has a tropical climate (HA - FAR FROM IT, my friend) but I'll be able to go to the market and cute individual shops that I'll blog about when I eventually get there.
As a challenge for myself, I'm waiting 'til I move in to use my shiny Breville baby and in the meantime, I've compiled a list. A scrumptious list which I encourage you to take smooth-spiration from until I have the chance to invent my own recipes. *cue dramatic and booming yet not terrifying voice*...

The Top 10 Smoothies I Need to Make:


1. Vegan Peach Oat Smoothie



Not only does this look why-haven't-I-tried-this-before-amAzing (especially thanks to that artsy agave syrup swirl), but it also comes from an adorable website by Minimalist Baker, Dana. Check out this recipe (and while you're at it, more of her gorgeous recipes) here.

2. Pear and Vanilla Smoothie



This honestly sounds like heaven; pear is one of my favourite fruits and seems to be rare in smoothie recipes so I tracked this down deliberately. By Deliciously Ella, who's renowned for healthy (and stunning, can I also add!) food and drink ideas, this smoothie can be created in your VERY OWN BLENDER after having a click here. H'ohhhh yesh.

3. Melon-Raspberry Smoothie



Yes. HOLY FRUTA YES. If this smoothie picked a fight with me, I wouldn't even get to step up to the ring because it would win hands down from its magical aura alone. As for its ingredients, you might not have to be so specific on the yogurt flavour or brand - I'll most likely try and find something similar though. Le recipe: voila!

4. Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie



This being my all-time favourite ice cream flavour, I couldn't possibly miss it off the list. Even though it looks like it belongs on the unhealthy side, Clarke Russell's creation contains fruit, veg and chocolate. All in one. Is this the solution to getting our 5 a day?! If so, I'm in.

5. Green Detox Smoothie



Kale, apple and pear give this smoothie its lime-green colour. Despite how much I love Naked's Green Machine, I wanted to find a cheaper student-friendly alternative to make at home. Check out this recipe from ScalingBackBlog and get some goodness in ya' belleh.

6. Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie



Not only does this look and sound super tasty but I'd never considered having smoothie in a bowl with cereal before... and it might be one of the greatest culinary ideas of all time. Smoothie and cereal. SMOOTHIE. AND CEREAL. YESSSSS. *ahem* Miriam Wilcox made this for her food blog 'Sometimes I Veg' and kindly shared it with us interwebbians here.

7. The Happy Shake



Okay I couldn't wait any longer to show you this one. This, dear reader, is a perfect medicine for chocoholics who can't stand chomping on mouthfuls full of salad or other tasteless greens. By Stacy Stowers, as featured on StyleNectar here, this recipe needs greens, fruit, ice cream, liquid Stevia and various powders; it's unlikely that you'll have all the ingredients in already so make a special trip to the shops and then you're ready to go!

8. Strawberry, Lychee and Mint Smoothie



Lychees are available in most supermarkets - often tinned, but that's perfect for this recipe. If you've no mint in your garden/have no garden, a mint pot plant is really easy to get your mitts on too. Not that you'd be wearing mittens in August, but then again you may not be overseas. Love you, England. One Hungry Mama has the ingredients for you over on her website here.

9. Green Grape Smoothie



Grapes taste great, right? This smoothie might not look like the most appetising thing in the world but I can't wait to try it anyway. With pear, pumpkin purée, and coconut water amongst other weird and wonderful ingredients, it promises something a little different. Reviews are all positive over at Vegan Yack Attack's recipe here.

10. Eat the Rainbow Smoothie



Another one from StyleNectar, this looks devine. I couldn't resist searching for a rainbow drink but to avoid consuming my own body weight in E-numbers I chose the healthy route. Full of goodness and amazing on the outside too: it's the perfect recipe to end my list with. Find it here.



Comments

Post a Comment