Almost there.

Bonjour young whippersnappers. Not done much today? Well prepare to feel great about yourself because the best achievement I had today is a toss-up between actually doing revision and biting 3/4 of the way through my bottom lip. Mmm, mouth flesh.


Yes, the reason why I haven't been blogging lately is that I'm a uni student. Uni students, from time to time, have to do this thing called studying. 'Have to' is a bold way to put it, but we as desiring-to-be-educated individuals are hypothetically paying 9000 mulas a year for pieces of paper, powerpoints and the occasional feedback from tutors (which, by the way, sometimes doesn't even occur). My only conclusion is that everything we receive is laced with tiny tiny particles of gold.

But back to the point - exams are still happening for some of us. I'm looking at you, second years in second year which I should technically be in but am not because I made a positive life decision
Oh and a message to the third years in our building, especially the guy doing operatic yodelling the other night - we are still in something called the, oh what's-its-face, that thing that they emailed us about like a million times....oh yeah -

THE QUIET PERIOD


Note how I highlighted the word 'quiet' here to signify that you're meant to possess this quality within this period. Which has not yet ended. As much as I appreciate the beauty of opera and the associations of yodelling with the magnificent 'Sound of Music' I'd much prefer to hear all that in a week's time when I don't have a bucket full of theoretical terms to memorise.


Saying that, I've re-commenced writing this post here and as of now, I have one more exam left. I would say I'm feeling as great as a person with one exam could feel but I've got a bit of popcorn-shell chilling at the back of my throat and it's annoying the absolute hell out of me. You will know it when I finish that last exam. You will feel it in the air and your bones and your Subway BLT with extra T Sub as I run out of that French exam on Saturday morning shouting "Sacreeee bleu!" in my best Clemence Poesy accent. The earth shall shatter, the mountains shall move, I will BUY SOME WINE.

Just on a side note - my procrastination has reached new levels this year. This week alone, I:

  1. Googled my name's origins. Apparently from the old Celtic name Rigantona, which translates as "great queen". Or a goddess of 'fertility and the moon'. Nice. Happy with both of those.
  2. Procrastinated FROM Netflix. The episode was too damn scary, okay - I can't deal with that stress right now, I need to study...oh wait...
  3. Tracked a Topshop order online. This doesn't sound too weird, but I was literally sitting there waiting for it to get to the next stage. There were seven stages.
  4. Have eaten a Ben & Jerry's tub in two sittings. This has not been rare over my lifetime, but this year it's a step backwards. Must. Resist. Combination of cookie dough and brownie.
  5. Ran for more than 5 minutes without stopping. Or feeling like I was going to die. This is a record for me. Can we all just breathe deeply and take this in please. It's taken in? Right, cool. I did this while listening to a You Me At Six song. Would be useful if I could remember what that song was but funnily enough my memory-captivating device isn't on top form when I'm simultaneously hyperventilating and dragging my legs up a hill.

Honestly, second and third year are much more pressure-filled so I'm excited to see where my future procrastination takes me.

Peace out until freedom,

Rhi x

Images via via via

Comments