Day 5 of Sober Rhi

Resist the oreos. RESIST THE OREOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Hello and welcome to the life of someone who is not at all sitting at her desk and procrastinating from reading a book about a French play by blogging.
Well of course that's what I'm doing, there is no other way.


Today I can announce that it is true - this year I am heading to the marvellous playground of magic music dust that is


and I'm already thinking about whether my wellies are decent enough from last year. I got so excited about it that I had a little bit of a fall on my rug and made a strange squealing sound and then resumed normal human function.
Honestly last time was one of the best weeks of my life and I can't wait to return to such a beautifully atmospheric place. Amazing people, an illegal amount of pot noodles, strange and strong drinks made by bohemian bartenders, a giant tower that looks like a rainbow, random gaps in the forest that lead to tiny huts with people dancing to ska, really bad waterproofs and potential sightings of your favourite famous people looking just as awful (and fabulous) as you do in your giant cagoule.

I couldn't let myself miss it again so I've also gone for a festival called 2000 Trees. It's a July festival, in Cheltenham, and I've already got mildly addicted to a band called Milk Teeth who are playing there. It's also a teeny weeny baby festival compared to Glastonbury with only 5000 people attending (compared to Glastonbury's ~180,000 capacity), so I'm excited to be able to float around there and check out some cool bands. I'm also certain that you can never see Pulled Apart By Horses too many times.



If you fancy any of this business, I'm volunteering with a lil' company you might know called Oxfam, as I did last year, and you can find out more via this link: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Stewarding
There's a great bunch of festivals available and regular applications go live in a couple of weeks. I'd massively recommend it and Oxfam get the money the festival would normally pay a worker for each person that volunteers, so you're helping people across the world while having an amazing time (can't get mucho bettero).

Right, I'm going to stop procrastinating now. A benefit of this procrastination is I haven't been tempted to have a cider. Another reason for this may be that I'm way too lazy at the moment to get off my butt and head out to buy any.

Images via via via

Comments