Unlucky Number Thirteen

If you're terrified of today, according to the tinterwebs, you have a case of friggatriskaidekaphobia. (Of course, you might have just had an essay deadline/test/actual thing you had to get out of bed for so those are equally valid reasons.)

Friday the 13th is a weird one. Having tried to research where the 'unluckiness' of the day came from, I found many theories, none more valid than the last. As this article published today rightly mentions:

"Your car breaks down on Tuesday the 23rd? That’s because you didn’t get it serviced when you should have. It breaks down on Friday the 13th? That’s because it’s Friday the 13th!"

BASICALLY it's all a massive pavlova.

Nothing terrible has happened to me yet today - probably the worst thing that's happened is I caught my thumb on a cheese grater while making fish pie. And waking up with 15 minutes until the start of a seminar, but I think that was just a challenge my own body decided to P me off with and then laugh to itself at the fact that I was running through uni eating a banana with one hand, lugging my laptop bag with the other arm, unable to turn the volume of My Chemical Romance down after putting it on too loud in the lift. Got into the room just in time, out of breath, deafened and massively sleep-deprived. This is how far I go to make sure I get my money's worth of my mahoosive student loan.

I do know someone who got pooped on by a bird today though.

Tomorrow is Dressing-up-as-a-zombie-whilst-trying-to-look-actually-okay Day for our bar crawl and this is why I should be doing some academic reading right now but the addiction to Spotify and procrastination is real.

Done some practice of my face and I won't put a picture on today (will do tomorrow) as I'm not sure if I look like a zombie or just a very very tired person, which I am currently anyway.

Rhiannon x

Images: via

Comments