Friday Rant - Some People...

It's Friday now and I've been considering what to write about for approximately seven days. When i reaaally thought hard though, the one thing that stuck in my mind ever since I watched it was this video - find it by clicking on this underlined piece of text here.


A teenage boy not that much younger than me secretly recorded his parents talking about their views on him being homosexual. quite honestly, this is the most shocking thing I've seen in a while. the conversation appears to result in violence (you can't see much) and the things these parents are saying to their child are disgusting. I can't help but feel incredibly sorry for this boy - it's awful. to think that so many people would trust their parents to be the most understanding in this situation and yet his mum and dad are telling him they don't support him and that he has to MOVE OUT. Some flipped out at david cameron when he accidentally left his daughter in a pub but that is nothing compared to deliberately rejecting your child for a choice they haven't made themselves, no matter what the leader of your religion 'tells you'. It is so sad when God's word is used to fight against homosexuality. I'm not religious myself and I have nothing against religions of any kind, but when things like "God does not accept gay people" are enforced it makes me pretty annoyed. No, actually, seriously pissed off - fuming. Do these parents have hearts?! If they grew up and realised they were gay would they throw themselves out of their own houses?! No. They wouldn't. Because the fact is, a few people, not all, in the world use religion to make excuses for their own disagreements. It's like these parents know, somewhere very very deep down, that the words coming out of their ridiculous mouths are bulls**t and incredibly unfair, and that if they claim that they are 'going by the word of god' then they can somehow prove that it's absolutely okay to reject their child. Noone can stop anyone from having thoughts and opinions but on no occasion is this behaviour okay. Gay people are not 'bad people', they do not have 'more sins than others, they do not 'anger God', they do not 'make a choice' (I don't think anyone would choose to have these homophobic imbeciles criticising them). We are all humans, the same more or less, and should be free to love who we want. And I don't know if I'll make it but if gay marriage is legalised everywhere before I die then that would be amazing. End of rant.  

Rhiannon x

Comments