LOOK, MOM! NO HEELS!

People who know me and know me well will know very well that I do not, under many circumstances, wear heels on a night out.

Exceptions include weddings

and my birthday just passed.

All other events just have to deal with my feet firmly planted on the ground I'm afraid. Poor events. Although if you really think about it, the only person you're wearing them for is yourself (sorry male readers - unless you're that way inclined, you have my permission to sit this one out).

They may make your legs look a little longer

Or your heels a little more like tiny daggers

Or your body a little more co-ordinated

But if they're making you do this:


This:


Or most importantly this:


..you might want to re-consider your partay footwear. Because flats rule. Why? Okay here's why.


  1. I do not spend any time worrying about how my feet look. I need my brain to focus on other things, like what cocktail to buy/bar to visit/song to request even though I'm not allowed on the DJ booth next. 
  2. Unnecessary pain = no gain. Zero gain. Nada gain (don't).
  3. I can master cobbles. They are annoying when sober, so heels will just make things much worse.
  4. I don't fall down drains because I don't have heel-ends the size of stamps.
  5. I can laugh at all the people walking in bare feet due to their poor decision-making (and then feel anxious for them as I notice all the broken Bud bottles everywhere).


My height isn't exactly on the small side - a lot of friends say "oh but you don't need them anyway, you're tall!" but I think I'd do exactly the same if I was fairly small. I'd actually appreciate being able to hide from people in crowds once in a while.

Another thing people say is that 'flats' are boring but that is where matter defeats mind because PREPARE FOR A DISPLAY OF AMAZING SHOES WITH BARELY ANY INCLINE AT ALL:
Clockwise from top left: 1. Maisy Carvela Kurt Geiger 2. You Won - Irregular Choice 3. Black Leather Dr. Martens 4. Mark My Words - Irregular Choice
Kurt Geiger is obviously expensive in some areas but you can get good deals in sales.
As for Dr Martens, they are INVINCIBLE!!!! Expensive maybe, but in terms of value for money, I don't think there's a better shoe available. Buy them in leather, patent plastic, canvas or even velvet (YES VELVET YOU HEARD).

Irregular Choice is one of my favourite shoe design companies. I don't actually own anything they've produced (as so far I've not thought it necessary to spend so much money on shoes that aren't Docs) but just look at them, I mean, hebelehfkajnfajgb
The colours and patterns they use - it's like they're explosions of their designer-y minds and I love iiiiiiiit

so much so that BOOM! HERE'S SOME MORE FABULOUS THINGS TO BEDAZZLE YOUR FEET IN! ALL from Irregular Choice (which is readily available for your purses and wallets and tootsies at your nearest Schuh. If you're in London take a stroll down Carnaby Street and check out I.C's own store there (and remember to breathe)).

Clockwise from top left: 1. Red Rover  2. Eye I  3. Why Not 4. Banana Pie  5. Star Dust  6. Treasures
I mean, who doesn't want lightning bolts, eyes, stars and plastic bees sur leurs pieds
This cute little underlined bit you're reading now takes you to the Schuh Star Wars section, which needs no explaining and shouldn't need any persuading at all to click. If you haven't done it by the time you read this sentence then I'm disappointed.

Grr.
Get 'cho flats on.

Rhiannon x



Images used: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Comments