my Summer Bucket List

So it's getting to the point now where people doing exams are finishing their school/uni years. I honestly remember the points at which I finished GCSEs and A-levels for good as times when I actually believed I could fly. Like a mega serious bird. Kind of like Big Bird from Sesame Street, but with less gravitational pull.

I felt so relieved that they were over that the massive feeling of relief carried on to the 'dreaded' results day and I successfully managed to avoid stress when collecting them.
If you're experiencing this, or just about to, EMBRACE IT because freedom is a fabulous feeling.
And because it is completely and utterly 452.8% true that you will not have more than 2 months off in a row when you get a job in the future.
This is why, even though I will actually be working in the summer more than most uni and school students, I have created a summer bucket list.

One time me and a friend were sitting on chairs in the weirdly placed seating area in Leeds Trinity Shopping Centre (it is literally in the middle of the walkway) and coming up with a bucket list to complete before we were 20.

It looked a bit like this:
  1. sleep under the stars
  2. get another piercing
Seriously that was it. Appalling right? Surely there are so many ideas???

So we tried again, but this time for our whole lives:

  1. go to America
  2. buy a cat
  3. own a vintage VW beetle
My friend actually already had a cat.

While I do want to do all three things on this list, there are limitations.
America - this is a personal ambition of mine and yes it probably does have a lot to do with TV shows...but I still want to go. However, I will undoubtedly need a lot of money to do this. And realistically it's not going to happen any time soon.

Buy a cat - CATS ARE GREAT. I got it recently confirmed that I am a cat whisperer (so watch out for me on More4 soon). But I can't get one until I move out. And until I'm not in uni accommodation. Basically until I have my own place (and I don't have a clue when this will happen)
Own a vintage VW beetle - They are popular. Because they are flippin' gorgeous. And thus there are expensive (cry)


YET LOW AND BEHOLD. I came across a fabulous article from a website from which I nabbed many ideas for a list and added a few of my own. The main thing about these ideas is that they are actually do-able. Achievable. And low-cost. Every target feels better when you know that you can eventually accomplish it.

Alors, voila my summer bucket list:

created with my 28 sharpies. yes that is a sideways view of my face

HOPEFULLY you can read some of those. A few of my personal favourites are

"run outside in the rain and look up like in Shawshank"

"learn the handshake from the Parent Trap"

and
"write a letter to Ellen DeGeneres"
(which shouldn't be difficult as I think she's seriously inspirational)

Doing yoga outside will most definitely happen as well so if anyone in the surrounding area is allergic to zen-like music or the sound of a pan-flute please speak now or forever hold your peace.

To sum up, if you, oh wonderful reader, fear that you may have a few too many empty days in the summer to fill up with your pre-planned schedule of eating and sunbathing and Netflix and eating, why not make a summer bucket list.
I give you full permission to steal as many of mine as you wish but maybe there's something that you'd like to achieve this summer.
Write one out and stick it on your wall or keep a small list in your pocket wherever you go. Mr. Boredom shall be defeated, mauahahahahahahah


Summer officially starts in June in my eyes. So I'm currently preparing myself to air guitar outdoors while making lemonade. Get on it like a car bonnet.

Rhiannon x

p.s. my last blog post got the highest number of views I've ever got in my history of blogging so thank you!!!
my token of blogging love to all of you

Comments