happiness is the truth

It's Happiness Week on Radio 1 this week which means you can officially listen to the station and hear "Happy" by Pharrell Williams (<-- click the link to listen to its awesomeness) about five times an hour. I have no complaints.
The idea of this week is to help us survive the lows of cold, miserable January and for me, it's working! At this time of year, I feel it's really important to keep your spirits up and look forward to the future but also enjoy each day. Catch Fearne's uplifting playlist here.

Luvly jubbly painting was on today's agenda. Honestly I forgot how time-consuming it is! So far I've filled in the background with a yummy cream colour and filled in the red, purple and brown shapes.





I also found this...

ANYWAY, the name of the illustrator I'm inspired by for this piece is Jesse LeDoux, Oregon.
His designs are bright, simple and clever, and his main materials are ink and gouache. I love how he uses ink to bring the shapes alive and create contrast to make his work stand out.
"Exit Strategy"

RHIANGLE RECOMMENDS!


Normally I listen to music while I paint but today I watched 'Populaire' (thanks to the superb timing of Lovefilm), a modern (2012) French film set in the 1950s about a young girl named Rose Pamphyle who fulfils her dream of becoming a secretary. But the only way to keep her job is to compete in, and win, the national..erm, speed-typing challenge. There's a fancy French name for that but basically it's where lots of pretty secretaries in 50s dresses sit in a big hall and get cheered on by French people while they type out a set text as fast as they can in the hope that they can get further than everyone else in the room. I KNOW RIGHT, EXCITING STUFF. No, it really is such a sweet film - romance, french accents and the director of Amelie all together promise good things!

*****
Ooh and I did my exercise as promised!

Rhiannon x

Comments