sporting optimism

Yesterday I was a hazard to myself. A personal liability if you will. I meant to write about this last night but got distracted by M&Ms and a programme about Russia. Indeed.

To put it short, I accidentally hit my hand against several worktops/household objects, spilled hot water all over my arm, trapped one thumb when closing the fridge, and burnt the other ironing a shirt. Shirts are hideous to iron by the way. HIDEOUS. As a reminder of my foolish ways, my left thumb is now embellished with a beautifully swollen deep pink blob. Oh, and there's a sensitive paper cut on the top of my right hand, the source of which is completely unknown to me. Most of us don't mind petty injuries like this - of course, any pain is pain, but after the period of discomfort, we can find that recovery is satisfying.

Of course, more serious injuries should be taken...more seriously. We often hear about people who have lost limbs in wars and accidents and who still have such a high level of optimism, despite their inability to do certain things as before.



Take the paralympic athletes for example.





Maybe they would be able to go faster, or further without their disability - but quite honestly, many able-bodied people around the world wouldn't stand a chance against them!

Rhiannon x

Comments

  1. Love your blog hun. Especially love this post. Your little cousin would be proud x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment